English Grammar (Phrase)
Fill in the blanks with appropriate word/phrase from the given ones.
M.C.Q. Of 'Phrase'
1) I will allow nobody to play ________ it but myself.
2) He put _____ a notice board.
3) Once a beautiful flower put its head _____ from the grass.
4) He was so small that he could not reach ____to the branches of the tree.
English Grammar (phrase)
5) There were twelve peach trees that in the springtime broke _________ into delicate.
6) Yet he longed ________ his first little friend.
7) For the last quarter of a mile ________ the station, they all ran.
8) He had been late _________ school the day before.
9) I hope you will follow in their footsteps and always strive __________ excellence.
10) He was backed _______ by his friends when he was in difficulty.
English Grammar (word/phrase)
11) It had sent _______ several new shoots with tender green leaves.
12) Everyone went _______ to a nearby park.
13) They fell _______ the suggestion with a readiness.
English Grammar word/phrase 2021
14) He put his leg _________ the jam.
15) Montmorency's ambition in life is to be sworn _________.
16) It is very gratifying to feel that we have got quite _________ it.
17) The expert ran his eye quickly ___________ the face of the incoming patient.
18) Time never hung heavy ________ my hands.
19) The campaign against dowry should be an essential item _______ the agendas of all women's organizations.
English Grammar ( phrase )
20) Johnny crashed _________ the garden gate.